- Architect: Wilkinson Eyre Architects
- Structural Engineer: Gifford UK
- Location: Salford, UK
- Products/Services Supplied: 60mm diameter Spiral Strand assemblies complete with sockets
- Structural Steelwork: Rowecord Structural Ltd
- Main Contractor: Atkins Bennett Construction
The bridge has a dramatic curved form which responds to the radial masterplan of the site and which will form an integral part of an orbital pedestrian route around the Canal basin. The steel bridge deck is supported along one edge by a series of stay cable which transfer loads to a distinctive fanned mast.
Behind the mast, the deck flares to form an amenable public space above the water which rotates with the bridge as a counterbalance to the main, 100m moveable span across the Manchester Ship Canal.
Bridon Supplied 16, 60mm diameter Spiral Strand assemblies complete with sockets. Minimum breaking load 3460KN. Bridon Site Services assisted with the deployment and tensioning of the cables using a custom designed jacking frame.
For more information on this project, please contact Bridon: firstname.lastname@example.org