- Customer: Rowecord Engineering Limited
- Owner: Newport City Council
- Location: Newport, Wales
- Products/Services Supplied: Galfan® locked coil cable, Stylite® sockets, design and supply of cable installation and tensioning equipment
- Architect: Grimshaw Architects
- Structural Engineer: Atkins
- General Contractor: Alfred McAlpine
Bridon manufactured the cable assemblies and provided installation and tensioning equipment and assistance for the Newport City Bridge in Wales, UK.
The award winning bridge features two inclined “A-Frame” masts configured in a crane-like structure, a reminder of the past use of the site as a wharf. The longest mast is 80 metres long and is tied back using pairs of 120mm diameter galfan® locked coil cable assemblies. The bridge was built to link the East bank of the river to a new public space on the West bank called Usk Place/University Plaza as part of plans to regenerate the city.
For more information on this project, please contact Bridon: email@example.com