- Customer: Ilex Urban Regeneration Company
- Location: Derry, Northern Ireland
- Products/Services Supplied: Locked coil Catenary cables, Spiral strand hangers
- Architect/Design: Wilkinson Eyre
- Engineering: Fauber Maunsell / Aecom
- Contractor: Graham Construction
- Value: £14.66 million
- Engineer: Fauber Maunsell / Aecom
Ilex Urban Regeneration Company has built the Peace Bridge as part of the city’s regeneration programme. Funded by the European Union’s PEACE III programme (Shared Space initiative), the £14.66m Peace Bridge will be a living landmark and a lasting legacy.
Construction of the bridge commenced in January 2010 and was launched on June 25th 2011. The bridge measures 235 metres bank to bank and is approximately 4 metres wide, with landing points at the rear of the Guildhall and Ebrington embankment.
For more information on this project, please contact Bridon: email@example.com
Image above courtesy of Ilex Urban Regeneration.